We have established and continue to expand an English-rich environment for our students that enhances their English language proficiency through the following strategies:
- English is used as the Medium of Instruction in Mathematics and Integrated Science in selected classes from F. 1 to F. 3.
- Extended learning activities are organised in Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Geography and History in junior forms to broaden students’ opportunities to interact with subject specific technical language.
- A ‘Writing across the Curriculum’ Programme is implemented in F. 1 and F. 2 that bridges and aligns English language learning in English, Life & Society and Integrated Science, enhancing student interest and writing ability.
- English is used as the Medium of Instruction in Mathematics Extended Part Module 1 and selected Mathematics classes in senior forms.
- Opportunities are provided to students who wish to use English as the Medium of Instruction in Science, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Business, Accounting & Financial Studies.
- Students continue to compete and participate in Hong Kong-wide competitions and various English activities including the Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival, the Hong Kong Secondary Schools Debating Competition, and English drama, English Fun Day, etc.
- Scholarships are available to support students who are interested in joining study tours to Australia or New Zealand during the summer holidays.